WE HAVE AN IMMEDIATE OPENING FOR A CHEMICAL LABORATORY TECHNICIAN IN OUR NEW LABORATORY LOCATED IN GAITHERSBURG, MD!
PLEASE NOTE: This is an entry-level position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform routine laboratory experiments and prepare samples for NMR spectroscopic analysis using standard laboratory equipment such as analytical balances, electronic pipettes, rotary evaporators, centrifuges and orbital shakers.
- Perform routine maintenance of our 600 MHz Bruker NMR spectrometer with helium-cooled cryoprobe and associated equipment (e.g., liquid nitrogen fills, etc.).
- Work with a full range of chemicals to prepare reagents and solutions for experiments.
- Set up and maintain equipment for laboratory experiments. Dismantle, clean, and inspect equipment after use.
- Assist with routine technical problems related to laboratory exercises.
- Assist with identifying and resolving routine experimental problems.
- Assist in maintenance and minor repair of lab equipment to ensure safe use and proper operation.
- Assure security of supplies and equipment. Maintain stock of lab supplies.
- Assist in creating and maintaining appropriate records including standard operating procedures, experimental checklists and safety documentation.
- Ensure compliance with safety protocols.
- Perform related tasks as assigned, whilst adhering to written and verbal instructions.
Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or a related field, demonstrated familiarity with concepts, practices and standard laboratory procedures in Chemistry, demonstrated knowledge of commonly accepted safety practices in Chemistry, demonstrated ability to explain laboratory procedures, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, excellent attention to detail, a high degree of personal responsibility, and ability to work weekends and evenings (if needed). Ability to travel internationally is required.
B.S. degree in Chemistry, prior work experience in a laboratory setting, familiarity with Bruker NMR instruments and NMR spectroscopic analysis, experience writing and communicating laboratory procedures and results in a professional setting, and experience using database programs. Preferred candidates will have experience in performing laboratory operations (e.g., weighing, pipetting, etc.) with both accuracy and precision. Individuals with strong organizational skills are encouraged to apply. The ideal candidate will be willing and eager to learn about the practical aspects of NMR spectroscopy “on the job”, as applied to both routine and novel customer requests and internal research projects. Ability to read/understand/speak German is a super plus!
Please apply via email to Kristie Adams, CEO (kristie.adams[at]steelyardanalytics[dot]com). For full consideration, please submit your resume, a cover letter, and the names and contact information for three professional references to the email address above. Your cover letter should describe your interest and any qualifications or experience you have which you feel would make you a good fit for this position. Incomplete applications and/or applications lacking a relevant cover letter will not be considered.
Screening of applications will begin immediately, and will be open until it is filled. Please include Chemical Laboratory Technician with all correspondences.
Employment of the successful candidate will be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check. (Chemical Laboratory Technician).
Do you have questions?